Monday, February 21, 2022

Irrefutable Proof That I Am A Geek!

 My soon-to-be new son-in-law gave me a very unique birthday present. 

We are both huge Star Wars fans, so we share in common a healthy dose of nerdiness.

One of his hobby interests consists of purchasing Star Wars full-sized helmets, light sabers, and blasters, then re-finishing them to render that used, battle-worn, realistic look.

This particular helmet is the Hasbro Mandalorian helmet.

Various metallic paints were used  to surface the helmet, after which wear and battle damage marks were applied. 

The symbol decals he made were done with a laser printer. The helmet also has an added touch of built-in electronics consisting of various lighting effects. 

This helmet will likely be utilized as my standard head-gear when engaged in the epic Nerf gun battles that erupt in the basement whenever my grand-kids visit.

Other than that, I'm not sure where else I would use this apparel. 

Maybe while doing yard work? 

That would certainly raise a few eyebrows around the neighborhood.

Or, perhaps using it as my Covid-19 mask whenever I go out on grocery shopping trips with the missus.

"Don't even think about it !!", quoth she.

No worries, I'll figure it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Little Bit Of 'Tuesday Morning' at Home

 This past month, my wife and I learned that the Tuesday Morning company had gone into bankruptcy and was set to close all of its Colorado s...