Monday, March 21, 2022

Acoustic-Electric Guitars in the Arsenal

Over the past few years, I have had many occasions to play acoustic guitar either at church or in many of the other venues in which I have played. 

I found that there was a definite need to be able to plug into an amplifier or house sound system to be heard in the mix with other instruments.

This new venture began with the acquisition of an Ibanez model AEG20E guitar.

Being a rather thin body guitar, the sound doesn't project as well as other acoustic models I have played, but it sounds really great plugged in.

A couple of years ago, my former workplace manager, who is a guitar collector, vintage amp restorer, and luthier, offered a great deal on this:

It's an Ovation model Elite 6778LX. I absolutely fell in love with it the first time I picked it up and played it. It is one of the last American-made models produced by Ovation before they moved their general operations overseas back in the 90s.

Of course, since these guitars benefit from being amped, I had to find a suitable one. This Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 acoustic 45 watt amp fills the bill nicely.

Rock on !!


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Little Bit Of 'Tuesday Morning' at Home

 This past month, my wife and I learned that the Tuesday Morning company had gone into bankruptcy and was set to close all of its Colorado s...