Thursday, March 30, 2023

A Little Bit Of 'Tuesday Morning' at Home

 This past month, my wife and I learned that the Tuesday Morning company had gone into bankruptcy and was set to close all of its Colorado stores.

She was a bit sad about this news, as TM is one of her favorite places to shop.

I would often accompany her to the store, and usually enjoyed my visits, as I would always find something unique or unusual there. I especially liked looking through their toy aisles. There was always some sort of game, wood toy, action figure, or other item that one would never find at Walmart or Target.

So, when we got word of the pending closure of our local Tuesday Morning store, we naturally ran down to see what kind of clearance sale was going on.

While I was there I noticed some signs saying that all store fixtures were for sale.

These turned out to be 2x4x6-high heavy duty metal shelf units, each with a 4x4 sheet of pegboard attached to the back.

$40 a pop!!

Wow! Even though these ones are used, you cannot touch a similar sized shelf unit at a big box store for less than $150 apiece.

I ended up buying three of them.

Since I don't own a truck, I had to make another trip to the store with my tool bag and a two-wheeled dolly to break the units down and fit them into the back of my SUV. 

A small price to pay.

A couple of days later, I went back to the store and found that more of the shelves had been emptied of merchandise, and the price was now reduced to $25 each.

I bought another one...

While I was there I found boxes of pegboard  hooks, 25 for $10. They also had a stack if spare 2 x 4 particle board shelves and support brackets - 2 for $5 ! I bought eight of those. 

One can never have enough shelves...

So now, after a couple days of building shelves and re-arranging furniture in the basement, I have a very spacious and adequate storage system for food and bulk supplies, as well as a large amount of space for the grandkids' toy and game collection.




All for a grand total of $165 and a little bit of elbow grease!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Little Bit Of 'Tuesday Morning' at Home

 This past month, my wife and I learned that the Tuesday Morning company had gone into bankruptcy and was set to close all of its Colorado s...