During the days when my 4-year-old grandson is present, I have been working on building a LEGO fortress for the green army man set.
I have a fairly extensive LEGO parts stash, so running out of materials to build a good-sized structure isn't a problem.
I pulled out every box of gray and dark gray bricks and plates that I have and just started building.
Not working to any plans, I just started clicking bricks and let the design evolve.
Here is the end result.
The fortress features a high wall with parapets, a guard tower on each front corner, a working front door, a two-story HQ building with a fortified roof, and a tall observation tower complete with flag mast and banner.
I even built up a few sections of abatis to place out front.
More pics:
This fort is nothing fancy - just the necessary elements to make it play-worthy. Over the next few weeks I might add some additional aesthetic details here and there, but in the meantime it will serve as a splendid centerpiece for many playroom battles!







No comments:
Post a Comment